Elske Ammenwerth regularly teaches in bachelor, master and PhD programmes in health informatics and related fields. Her lectures cover the following topics, among others:
- Introduction to health informatics
- IT project management in health care
- Hospital information systems
- Evaluation of health information systems
- Tactical and strategic information management
- Frank van Swieten Lecture on hospital information systems (international lecture with Universities of Amsterdam, Leipzig, Braunschweig, Heidelberg/Heilbronn)
- Clinical documentation systems
- Nursing informatics
- Applied clinical informatics
- Research methods
- Recent topics in health informatics
Elske Ammenwerth also is initiator and chair of the online-based postgraduate master programme in Health Information Management at UMIT.
She has supervised 13 PhD theses, around 50 master theses and around 50 bachelor theses.